Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mama Elizabeth Says Good Bye to Kenya and MCCH


Hi:


I thought I would write a short blog to let you know that I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Nairobi then off to Melbourne, Australia, to visit my son and family. I have enjoyed the most incredible stay in Kitale, meeting the people, their customs/culture, and interacting and making lasting friendships with the staff and children at Mercy Home. Trudy and Dane have been marvelous leaders - so much wisdom from their past two trips. David and Candice - could not have done half the 'physical' adventures without their help. I'm less sure walking than I used to be and they helped me all day long while walking 'the hill'/climbing into my favorite 'matatus'/going up and down stairs. The Team has bonded with a special friendship - a forever friendship!


Thank you for your prayers. They were answered as we traveled and lived in this welcoming country.


Will add a little photo of me with a few of the children from Mercy Home. What will I miss the most when I leave? Them!


Love,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment