Saturday, November 7, 2009

A week of stories.

Its David here. These are some stories I have written straight from my personal Journal entries.

David Saturday October 31, 2009

Let me start off by saying Saturday here is my favorite day. This particular Saturday did not disappoint me. Today we finally took a break from Kitale town, which I was pleased to take a break from and I’m sure my wallet was too. We went straight to Mercy Home, and started arranging who would be going to Cabiafwye, the girl’s school, to see Jennifer, Elizabeth and Sarah (our Mercy home students in high school). Since last time it was the girls who got to go, they arranged for mostly boys to go this time with the exceptions of Susan and another girl. So we got to the school and we quickly realized that it wasn’t visiting day after all. However, the girls did get to visit with us. Having had come to the school before I knew I had to make sure to go into all the classrooms and get lots of pictures of me with the beautiful Cabiafwya girls. We had a nice time out there, and I eagerly anticipate the next visiting date.

When our team got home, Candice and I decided to stop by Laban’s to have a cup of tea. While having that cup of tea Candice and I got talking to our friend George and he introduced us to his friends Elias. He told me Elias is not a saved, like himself. I asked George what was hindering him and he told me he faces a lot of temptations and he didn’t think he could over come them. As I was ministering to George, Candice ministered to the other man. We explained to them that you don’t want to wait even until tomorrow to be saved, because you never know if you will die from some freak accident, or Jesus himself comes back. After more discussion, the one Candice was ministering too, decided to accept the Lord right there on the spot in Labans hotel. But George was not ready yet. I could see George was in a war within himself, there were things he did not want to let go of, and every time he was close to surrendering, he would shake his head and let out a nervous laugh. It came to a point in the night after a good long pause of silence where he sayed he would like to be saved and I prayed with him. These are new territories for me, territories that are not possible without the help of God through me. After I got home, I couldn’t help but burst into Candice’s room and tell her the news. Pretty soon Nancy, Dane and Trudy were wondering what the commotion was and I shared with them. After devotions I told Stellah about George and she told me that just last night she had had a dream where George had quit drinking, and all the other things he was caught up in and had become saved. WOW.

2 comments:

  1. It is so exciting to hear how God is using your team to minister to people on His behalf.
    God Bless!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David. Just think how you shared in the rejoicing in heaven when George accepted the Lord!!! I'm sure you will have many opportunities to help him grow in faith. Ernie

    ReplyDelete