Saturday, November 7, 2009

a week of stories part 5


David Friday November 6,2009


I rode on a camel today! I just had to say that first. OK, so Today we took the standard 4 and 5’s to the show. Dane went to pick them up in the morning at around 9 and Candice, Trudy, Nancy and I took a matatu and met them there. Since not all thirty of the kids could fit in the Mercy Home car, Kurshum had hired a matatu but it never showed up, so Dane had to go back and pick up the second bunch of kids.



While we waited for Dane, we took the first group in and looked at the plants and vegetables and the farm animals. Then we met up with the second group and wondered around looking at more stuff. I had a terrible stomach ach, for most of it, so I wasn’t enjoying my self. As we went along, we saw a type of freak show tent where you could see a man who had just less then half of a body, and the lady who was charging the money said Candice and I and a few kids could go in for free so we went in and there was this man, who only had a body up to his chest which was sitted in a bowl. It was pretty weird so I came out. I have now decided it wasn’t real because there is no way someone could live like that. We then had lunch, which was just plain bread and Fanta’s. Now Candice and I really wanted to ride on the camels, so we decided it would be fun if we took 6 of the kids with us. In fairness Nancy would take the rest of them on the swing set spin ride. So we paid for two camels and hoped on.


The camels were kind of kneeled down on all fours, and it was crazy when it got up because it started with its first two feet first, so I felt like I was going to fall off, it was fun when we started walking and seeing everybody get out of the way, and the little kids start crying when they saw this huge beast coming there way. The man leading the Camel just let us a short distance around the show a little bit, and then came back in a circle. When the camel went into its sitting position again, its first two legs where the first to go down, and we lurched forward and if I wasn’t holding on I would have gone straight off. After the camel ride, I saw another freak show tent that said there was a man who was part mermaid. I decided to kill my curiosity and find out what this was all about. I went in and started laughing at what I saw.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks David for all the lively updates. It sounds like every day is an adventure - camels and mer-men... ha ha. Its cool that you're building relationships with young people there and even leading some to Christ! We are keeping you all in prayer at Calvary. ~ Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow David. What a great bunch of updates. What an adventure you are having. What did the merman look like?
    Love and prayers,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,
    Great to read about all you have been doing.
    Thanks for all the fabulous updates. I laugh and laugh and feel that you are right here with us when I read the stories. I love you so much!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the week of great stories David..I would love to be there with you all.
    God truly has His hand on your lives and will keep you under His wing of protection.. God bless you all...Detty ...kisses for Candice xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed it the first time. Now I see that the picture is of the merman. Of course, there's his tail; and the water lilies on the head should have been an immediate give away. How did I miss it?
    Love and prayers,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete