Saturday, November 7, 2009

a week of stories part 2


David Monday November 2,2009
This morning I had to read like 7 chapters of the Purpose Driven Life, because today we were doing the study. It was all about over coming our obstacles and temptations, which God made us with so that we could over come them and become stronger individuals. I had never thought about it that way, and I find it helps a lot in day-to-day life. After Devotions I spent my day at Laban’s cafe, eating Githeria, going to Stellahs School at lunch and meeting all the class 6 and 7s. I also took a walk with my friend Rita and sorted beans with Laben. The rest of the team went into town for the day. As we had just finished dinner, Laben got a call from David and his friend Titus, saying they were trying to take the red car home from the garage, but it had died right in the middle of town. Dane, Geoffrey, Laban, and I went to town to pick them up. Dane looked at the car for several minutes but could see no problem. We then tried to push it and see if we could start it that way, but no luck, so we did things the Kenya way. we got a 6-foot rope, tied one end onto the none working car and one end on the working car and towed it back home. Technically, it all seemed extremely sketchy to me especially with such a small rope. All the way home there is huge speed bumps with no markings, which could easily pose problems. David’s friend Titus did a remarkable job with his break work though, and we got home safe with no bumper to bumper’s. Just another day in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment