Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday November 23-Field trip with grades 1,2 and 3's

Here is an acount of he day we took the grades 1,2 and 3's on a field trip. The grade 4 and 5's got to go to the kitale show, the grade 6 and 7's went to kisumu and the 1,2 and 3's got to go to a deformed animal place. Here is an acount of what we did that day acording to my journal. Stay tuned for stories about our trip to Uganda.

David Monday November 23, 2009
After a long day on Sunday we got home, and I learned that we were taking the grade 1,2 and 3’s a field trip to the museum today. I had kind of forgotten about the field trip because it was supposed to be 2 weeks ago. Dane, Trudy and I went in early to do some Internet cafeing and then met Candice and Nancy later. When Gershom and Benta arrived with the 25 kids crammed in the back of the truck they suggested that we go to the Kitale wildlife conservation instead. Everyone was fine with that so some of us took a taxi, and and Candice managed to squeeze herself in with the kids.

My first impression of the park reminded me of the jungle part in Disney land. First we checked out the man made cave’s and huts then we went on a little hike through a very amazonish looking rain forest. There were exotic trees and there was a very muddy river through it, which looked like the perfect place for pythons and crocodiles. Unfortunately I didn’t see either. It was nice to walk through a forest again I must admit. I was told by Gershom while walking through it that only 1.8 % of Kenya is made up of trees.

After we had passed through, we came into a very open field where it was nothing but deformed animals. Truly I say unto you, I saw a cow with three eyes, 4 horns, and a very lopsided mouth. There were many animals with three legs, short legs and some with legs coming out of their backside. It was kinda weird. The kids were very excited when they got the chance to take a canoe ride in a midsized pond. After all the kids had gotten a chance, I took Benta the social worker at Mercy home in one and we paddled around a bit. That part also reminded me of Disney land because I did the same thing around Tom Sawyers’ island when our family went there. We then had fries and soda’s for lunch had packed ourselves back in the truck and headed home. Tomorrow is Uganda... WHAT?! I don’t think we know where were even staying yet.

1 comment: