Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Best quotes from the trip

Woke up with tears in my eye's today. My heart is breaking. How can I leave these kids? I cant remember the last time something has had this much impact on me. Tonight I will sleep over at Mercy Home for the last time and soak it all in. Dane, Trudy, Graham and Brenda and I are leaving on Thursday for Nairobi for a few days then Mauritius on the 1st then back to Nairobi for our flight back home.

Over These past five months we have made a collection of some of the best quotes (mostly from Trudy) here they are

"Lord, help us find more buyers, because they're good little chickens and they need to be slaughtered"
- Trudy during prayer

"where is that grown again?"
-David (in reference to Jamaican blue mountain coffee)

"The mzungu chickens (white people's chickens) are living in better house then we are."
- workers on the new chicken house

" It's just one of those things I don't want to know and I don't want to ask."
- Trudy (in reference to why Jon was at the lady's mama's bible study

" Dane, stop talking, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about."
-Trudy

" You cannot get lost in the daytime"
-Police officer in matissi (while we were lost)

" I am sure that I am always perfect"
Laban

"they don't have a pee to pot in!"
-Trudy

" it was just one of those slips of the tum"
-Trudy

" David when is your tomato going to come?"
-Little Hawa at Mercy home ( the word for grandma in swahili is the same word for tomato in swahili)

" SO I want to get to Mercy Home either before lunch or after Lunch"
-Dane

" Dane were picking song number 40, F-0"
-trudy

" She was hanging on him like a yo-yo"
- Trudy

" She wasn't jumping on only women while we were there"
-Trudy


-DAVID

1 comment:

  1. Some of those quotes had me laughing so hard!It sounds like your team has had lots of fun!

    I know it will be so hard to leave the kids who you have worked with and loved so much over the past months. I will be praying for you and your team.

    Em

    ReplyDelete